Re: RE: Detonation

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Dec 13 1997 - 11:42:59 EST

Ihave run into the problem of detonation in my 94. I'm running a Vortech
and have installed a Jacobs bosstmaster that retards the timing under boost
conditions. This seemed to have eliminated my detonation problem since I
can dial in the amount of timing retard that I desire. The problem I have
is with the Mopar SBEC cutting the fuel out at around 6100 rpm. I can't
seem to get around this problem. Does anyone know of a place that custom
calibrates the computers to eliminate the fuel shut off?

I am also investigating a 360 swap for the summer. I have contacted a
place called Hughes engines from Washington IL. I know they do excellent
work and Dave Hughes is a huge MOPAR fan. I'm considering a Magnum 360
balanced and blueprinted, 9:1 JE forged pistons, Total Seal rings, Mopar
camshaft from their Magnum 380 engine, heads ported and 2.02 valves
installed, M1 single plane manifold with a four barrel throttle body, and
fatter fuel injectors. I'll keep everyone posted about my research. If
anyone has any ideas please contact me.

Dan Colucci
94 Sport Vortech, and much more!