360 SWAP (was Re: RE: Detonation)

From: Carl Vidos (cvidos@io.com)
Date: Sat Dec 13 1997 - 12:28:38 EST

Daniel Colucci wrote on 13-Dec-97 11:42:59

>I am also investigating a 360 swap for the summer. I have contacted a
>place called Hughes engines from Washington IL. I know they do excellent
>work and Dave Hughes is a huge MOPAR fan. I'm considering a Magnum 360
>balanced and blueprinted, 9:1 JE forged pistons, Total Seal rings, Mopar
>camshaft from their Magnum 380 engine, heads ported and 2.02 valves
>installed, M1 single plane manifold with a four barrel throttle body, and
>fatter fuel injectors. I'll keep everyone posted about my research. If
>anyone has any ideas please contact me.

>Dan Colucci
>94 Sport Vortech, and much more!

That would be one INCREDIBLE truck, Dan, but with all that power, you'll
certainly need to do something in the tire and suspension department. Wouldn't
want to get sideways at 80+ MPH!

It looks like you've done your engine research, too. Good components, but they
won't come cheap. Though JE's are regarded as one of the best pistons made,
they'll cost a pretty penny. Forged is definitely the way to go when you're
under boost, though.

Good luck with your project.