RE: Cost Axle Ratio Swap

From: Craig Baltzer (cbaltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 00:37:19 EST

What the devil did you get for a motor that won't spin the tires off the
line or requires 3rd gear to have any hoot at 65? The V6? I didn't think
they were that gutless. Parking brake on?

The 5.2l certainly has no trouble spinning them off the line with the
big tires (or giving a nice bark getting into 2nd) with the 3.55 gears,
and there no problem in 4th at 65 in the "pick it up smartly"
department.

As far as ballpark cost, a friend of mine did a swap in a '96 RAM for
under $1K Canadian...

Craig