Re: RE: Cost Axle Ratio Swap

From: Jim Oitzinger (delspam.jozinger@infohwy.com)
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 01:48:33 EST

Craig Baltzer wrote:

> What the devil did you get for a motor that won't spin the tires off the
> line or requires 3rd gear to have any hoot at 65? The V6? I didn't think
> they were that gutless. Parking brake on?

Where you in any condition to read the post when you the above? Just how
did you make "tooling along in 3rd at 65" into "requires 3rd gear to have
any hoot at 65"? What does it do to your credibility? Isn't this just
trash talk?

> The 5.2l certainly has no trouble spinning them off the line with the
> big tires (or giving a nice bark getting into 2nd) with the 3.55 gears,
> and there no problem in 4th at 65 in the "pick it up smartly"
> department.

Do you base this on your Dak's performance before or after its trip to
Robson Racing?
Is your Dak covered by warranty? Some guys have bumped up the performance
level of their Daks to the point they can run, and run hot, with 3.21 ratios
but Dodge is holding the warranty.

Thanks for all your help.

Jim O.
Dak CC 4x4 v8 5spd with soon to be removed 3.55