Detonation response

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 04:17:13 EST

Thanks guys for all your insight to our detonation problem. I
checked out everything on my list yesterday except for fuel preasure.
Of course everything check out fine. I went and bought some octane
boost and the engine ran fine up high, but I'm with Michael on
this one, $7 a pop is outrageous! The bottle says best to use with
every tank, yea right! I am going to check into other ways to boost
my octane for now, someone told me a gallon of aviation fuel works
great and only cost about $2. If I can find some I'll let ya'll
know. I am also going to try a new stat.

On another topic. With all that poking around on my dak yesterday I
have found some problems. The first is my control arm bushings are
shot to hell. Obviously I will need to replace them soon. Has anyone
tackled this before and how much of a bitch is it.
The second problem is the motor is leaking all over the place. Not
enough to drip onto the driveway, but it apears to be leaking from
the back and front of the intake, and from the distributor. My
transmission also apears to be leaking I think from the shit tower.
I guess its about time to tear down the top end and replace all the
gaskets, and maybe while their out send out the heads for some top
secret work :) port and polish the intake and exhaust. I better
stock pile some cash.

Thanks again for ya'lls help.
Alan...