Re: New for 98?

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 11:26:48 EST

At 10:37 PM 12/16/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Backup lights:
> Anybody happy with the factory backup lights, combined with the
> tinted rear window? I think they are pretty weak. Went to put
> a pair of Halagon bulbs in, and what do I find: a 3157 tail
> light, brake light bulb, running just the brake light filiment.
> Any work-arounds to get a good bright bulb into there?

---> you might try mounting and auxilary backup lamp on/under the bumper.
     I find the BU lights on mine adequate and the windows of my cap are
     tinted also ... but I use the mirrors mostly.

>Tire Chains:
<snip> I ordered the tire package to get the big tires, and the
> anti-spin diff. because I planned on being in the snow. I guess
> I'll have to chain up anyway, and see if there IS a clearance
> problem.

---> get yourself a set of narrow tires on rims that will accept chains and
either
(1) use them in the winter, or (2) keep them in the back (with chains on) and
install them when you need to use chains. This is an OLD trick (50's) before
radial tires and cable chains. The chains were installed and the tires
inflated.
Solved the problems of flinging chains destroying your wheel wells.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada