Re: bedliners...

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 08:58:46 EST

> I am gettin ready to put in a bedliner, and i want to hear the pro's and
> con's of the 2 types, spray in and Duraliner type. I am especially
> interested in hearing from those of you in the southern states. Now i
> don't want to start a war, so give a actual reason that you like/dislike
> the type.

  Oh no, this thread again. ;) Yes, it's something of a religious war.

  I have the Dodge drop-in plastic liner. Yes, it has scraped the paint
off underneath. However, it has two main advantages over the spray-in
liner, and those are 1) much cheaper, and 2) helps prevent dents in the
bed. I haul a decent amount of heavy crap like rental equipment and the
like, and my old S-10 had numerous dents in the wheelwells and rest of
the bed. The drop-in has prevented this from happening in my Dakota.

  The spray-ins also have big advantages, mainly they aren't abrasive
like the drop-ins. You won't have any bed rust with a spray-in.

  So the choice seems to be dents vs. rust. I chose rust, and haven't
regretted it so far. Then again, I don't live in an area where road salt
is used a lot (NC), so I highly doubt that my bed rust is going to get
really bad. I also park on a slight grade so that water can't collect in
the bed.

  Ron