RE: bedliners...

From: Sperduto, Nick (SperdutoN@mail.dnb.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 09:30:00 EST

Hello, I've had the plastic insert in my old pickup, it was nice in that
you wouldn't dent the bed, but you needed to take it out once in awhile
and clean under it. It also wore the paint off the areas it came in
contact in. And the section on the bedrail would warp under the hot sun.
It would go back to normal when it got cooler out, but it was annoying.
The other thing is thing slide on them real well which is good if you
are moving things, but stuff tends to slide around in the back of the
truck. I almost fell on my ass a few times trying to take my dirtbike
out of the back when I grabbed the front brake and the bike just slid.

Now two weeks ago, I had the Rhino liner sprayed in. I like the way it
looks and I like that nothing can get under it. And it won't interfere
with the tonneau cover I want to put on.
 I can't give a review on how it hold up over time, but my buddy has had
his for a year and it's still fine.

There are two options when putting it on. Having the stuff sprayed over
the bed rails or having it stop under the bed rails. I had mine stop
under the bedrails on the sides and over the rail on the front of the
bed and the tailgate. Just for reference, it cost me $385 in NJ.

Nick