Weed Wacker update

From: John Michael Foster (foster.john@mailexcite.com)
Date: Wed Dec 24 1997 - 08:51:28 EST

Well, I know some of you were interested in my Weed wacker blower intake mod.. Currently
I'm building a seperate air filter box that's almost complete that I will mount below
the radiator facing forward with new openings in the radiator mount to allow fresh
air through the air dam into the air box. I have used the flexible metalic 4" hoses
to run to the blower and the into the throttle body using a PVC 5" to 4" reducer
giving me a good fit on the throttle body (with the help of my dremel around the
hold down bolts). So far nothing has worn out(using previous setup with origanal
filter holder). The new air intake setup will allow for use of cooler air and less
restance.
 I tried a more powerfull blower for a while (12 amp.) but my inverter couldn't handle
it, I'm now back to the origanal 8 amp. blower.
Results so far are about 2 mpg around town better and close to the same highway,
I also have better low end torque, top end I'm not sure due to winter weather but
it seems better.
 When conditions and a location allow I'll test the system against my open 14"x4"
filter.
 The hardware store dimmer switch that I hooked up to the throttle body is still
holding up and I adjusted it so I don't sound like a giant vacume cleaner at stop
lights. As I said before I'll keep all of you posted on the progress.

Happy Holidays!

John
 95' 5.2L, Dakota Sport, CC, 4x2, standard, 3.21, Lock-Right locker, MSD-6AL, Weed
Wacker blower, Supercoil, Tailor wires, Hellwig anti-sway, Mopar Perf. Comp., throttle
body port & polish, Lakewood traction bars, 255/60r15 SS 10 Firestone Firehawks,
"real" dual exhaust, soft tonnea cover, tinted windows and Hurst T shifter

http://www.mailexcite.com