Re: Intermediate Shaft Update (Good News!)

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Wed Dec 24 1997 - 10:08:09 EST

Bob said-
<One would think the latest '98s have this newer part. If this is the
<case do you know what the last build date affected is? I don't notice
<anything bad so far on my '98 (built 'round Halloween).
<
- -Bob T.
<
I would have thought so also, but apparently the money involved in
upgrading all trucks would cut into the profit margin more than CC is
comfortable with. By issuing a TSB and keeping it quiet, i.e.. no
recall. CC can hope that only a very small number of owners will bring
their truck in on a complaint that requires the repair. This is evident
here on the list as several folks have written asking what it is I feel
in the steering wheel, I tell them, then they write back stating there
is no problem with their truck. I'm not sure what the cut off date is on
the TSB, but I will find out on Monday. BTW, my trucks' build date is
10-14. Also, it is for 4X4's although I would not be surprised at all if
a 4X2 also experienced this. I'm guessing that the 4X4's are more prone
to this, as well as all Ram's, simply because of the load on the
steering components with the larger tires. Dunno, but like I said, I
will ask on Monday.
Merry Christmas all, and to all, a good drive.
John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, AUTO!, 3.92LSD, Tire and Handling Package,
Power Everything, Nerf bars, Billet Grill.

--
remove anti spam ^'s from reply to address to reply