Re: Tonneau covers and toolboxes

From: Cosmicfrog (Cosmicfrog@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu Dec 25 1997 - 20:05:29 EST

<< I just bought a bee-ut-i-ful, intense-blue, '98 club cab and had a
 Duraliner over-the-rail bedliner installed. I want to install a soft
 tonneau cover over the bed, but virtually every ad I have seen says that
 the cover frames only work with under-the-rail liners (without drilling
 into the bed rails). I presume this is because the no-drill fasteners go
 up under the rail on the inside of the bed which is now being covered by
 the bedliner. I would also like to get a small toolbox for the truck,
 which I am sure complicates the issue even more. >>

   I've seen the frames for tonneaus put on over the rail bedliners. You need
to carefully mark where each mount will be and cut a square hole for the
mounting clip. You may also need to notch the top on the bedliner.
   As for the toolbox, you'll need to get one that fits underneath the cover.
Trying to modify one for a toolbox in the front of the bed will be a
nightmare. Plus, if it's under the cover, nobody will know it's there and
won't try to steal from it.