98 Gas Mileage

From: Bob DeChance (kbshadow@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Jan 04 1998 - 14:08:13 EST

I have 1000 miles and 5 tanks of gas on my 98 SLT+ 5.2, auto, 3.55 CC.
MY mileage is as follows,
1st tank 15.3mpg
2nd tank 14,5 mpg
Installed flomaster.
3rd tank 12.3mpg
4th tank 11.8 mpg
5th tank 10.8 mpg
All driving was combo city and highway and my goal was to get the best
possiable mileage and I did not drive different after the flowmaster I would
feather the gas and watch the overhead mileage gage to get the best mileage.
Has anyone else found a drop in mileage with exaust mods.
Also I saw a posting a while back by K&N that said unless you disconnect the
computer for a minute it takes 5 tanks of gas for the computer to adjust to
any mods, does that sound right.
Any input would be most welcome
Bob DeChance
Stockton, Ca