Infinity Speakers

From: am14@chrysler.com
Date: Mon Jan 05 1998 - 11:53:58 EST

there is an amp built into each speaker. I've replaced several in
three different vehicles I own. '89 Dak - 91 Spirit - and a 92 Shadow.
They sound good as long as they work, they just don't seem to last. If
memory serves me correctly I gave about $50 ea for the replacements.
I'm probably going to discard the speakers next time they give problems
and go with a good set of Triaxials. Just tape off the power and
ground wires and use the speaker wires and it will work.
>>have the infinity sound system. my question is. can i use the line out
from the rca on teh back of the cd deck as the speaker wires going into
the factory wiring harness that leads to the infinity amps? (are there
amps?) or should i just use the 40wx4 channel speaker leads from the
jvc?
my brother did that to his old '97 ram ss/t with the infinity system and
it sounded like crap. i am not a fan of distortion:). any help is
appreciated. as i am good with wiring and stuff, but i know jack about
the
factory infinity setup.<<

Azie