Re: Dakota TSB, Loud popping/bang/clunk

From: Matthew Brandes (mbrandes@realworks.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 10:32:51 EST

I dropped off my '97 last night for service. I took in your email and
talked to them about TSB's. I asked if I could see it.. they told me that
the computer was in the service area and customers weren't allowed in
there. They copied the email and said they see what it said. Then I
bumped into the guy that sold me the truck. He's going to do some digging
for me.

One thing that surprises me is that it seems they don't really pay
attention to TSB's. They never look at them unless there is a problem they
just can't figure out or the customer has a number for them to look up. I
will be p*&^^d if there is a TSB for the 97's. I brought this problem to
their attention the first time I took in my truck. I would think that
service depts. would at least look at them as they are released.

At 11:16 PM 1/6/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Dakota TSB # 23-65-97
> Loud popping/bang/clunk noise when makeing a
>sharp turn up an incline.
> Caused by rear cab isolator mounting bolts
>fix: some new parts for the isolator, possible grinding needed
>on sleeve. (Wow, sounds fun, is it tempered, how thin can I get it...)
>applies to:
>'98 club cab 4x2, may apply to all cabs, 4x4's
>does require some new parts, which are never stocked by dealer.
>
> This sounds like the thing for me, so it's the next step, parts are
>on order.
> Dealer is treating the TSB as a top secret document, I can't see it.
>As if it would help Ford or GM if I saw it.
> Anyone know if C.Corp has a mail list for TSB's?
>Mike

Matthew Brandes

First Reatly Advisors, Inc.
1901 W. 47th Place #300