Re: re: MPG and low fuel light

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 12:33:42 EST

At 04:41 PM 2/9/98 , you wrote:

>My low fuel light came on at 275 miles and when I gassed up 30 miles
later I
>still had about 1/2 needle width to E. I put in just a hair over 20 gallons
>and got just about 15.1 mpg. (2 gal left???)

It is not my intention to start another V8 vs V6 holy war, so would all you
V8 owners please quit reading at this point.

The low fuel warning light on a V6 means you only have another hundred
miles to drive before you have to start looking for a gas station. Nice to
know you can get 400 miles to the tankfull if you need to. I guess that's
why the V8 guys go so fast, they're in a hurry to get to the next gas
station :)

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed