FIPK Sound

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Thu Feb 12 1998 - 09:28:41 EST

All,
I've been doing some thinking on this mod lately and have decided that I
would like to do it. There is one thing that I still have a question on
though, and that is the sound. I know those of you that have a FIPK or
clone all say that you love the sound of it and some have even said that
there is no sound difference unless you stomp it. What I'm not sure of
though is how loud is it in reality? I would like the better throttle
response, and possibly slightly better mileage (no remarks from the 4
and 6 cylinder owners please), but my last truck was very loud and I
absolutely love how quiet my Dak is. If there is anyone in the Austin Tx
area who has a FIPK or clone on their 318 powered Dak, would it be
possible to meet you and have you take me for a spin around the block so
I can hear it myself? I'm not worried about what year you have so long
as I can get an idea of how much noise is coming from the intake.
Thanks in advance,
John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, AUTO, T&H Package, 3.92 LSD, Power
Everything, Nerf Bars, Billet Grill, Rhino Liner (2 weeks old!)

--
remove anti spam ^'s from address to reply