RE: Why not only Edelbrock 1208

From: Collins, Richard (collinsr@ccmangum.com)
Date: Mon Feb 16 1998 - 13:05:25 EST

Correction, you can use the 14" with a 3" filter. I have just put one
on my '98 yesterday.
It is a very TIGHT fit, but you can do it without damage to the hood.
It's true though that with the stock hood you'd be better off with a
2-3/4" filter. The 3" filter requires a carriage bolt that rubs against
the hood's insulation liner. It rubs through the 1st layer but never
gets to the metal....

Richard Collins