Re: Gibson exhaust installation

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 1998 - 12:15:54 EST

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 15:09:39 -0500, you wrote:

>Has anybody installed their own Gibson cat-back system, either single or
>duals? I assume that the new pipes come already expanded for slip fit.
>Will I need a pipe splitter to pull apart the stock pipes (the truck is
>still pretty new)?

        I didn't. I did use lots of spray lube and a BFH to separate
the stock muff/cat pipe. It was a piece of cake after getting the old
pipes to separate...

        Steve

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....