RE: Oil pressure

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 13:46:03 EST

Yes, I noticed precisely the same thing when I went to Syntec 5w-50 about a
month ago. Not a huge increase, but noticeable if you pay attention. Not a
figment of your imagination. I wonder if it's good, bad, or not enough of a
difference to matter?

        Tate Strickland

        97 reg cab 5.2 v8
----------

I did an oil change in the Dak this morning and for the first time
replaced
the oil with a synthetic (Castrol Syntec 10W-30) which I plan on using
from
now on. Afterward, I took the truck out for a spin and it seemed like the
oil pressure was a bit higher than with regular (non-synthetic) oil. It
has always been my experience that the oil pressure drops slightly as the
oil get old and worn out, then when you change oil the pressure goes back
up. I will readily admit that this may well be just a figment of my
imagination or the product of a faulty memory (I can't remember _exactly_
where the gauge went to last time I changed oil) but it seems slightly
higher. Has anyone else noticed this with synthetic oil?

Mike Crumley mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota Regular Cab Short Bed
3.9L V6 3.55 Auto
DDBC Bug Shield Mud Flaps