Oil pressure

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 13:05:38 EST

I did an oil change in the Dak this morning and for the first time replaced
the oil with a synthetic (Castrol Syntec 10W-30) which I plan on using from
now on. Afterward, I took the truck out for a spin and it seemed like the
oil pressure was a bit higher than with regular (non-synthetic) oil. It
has always been my experience that the oil pressure drops slightly as the
oil get old and worn out, then when you change oil the pressure goes back
up. I will readily admit that this may well be just a figment of my
imagination or the product of a faulty memory (I can't remember _exactly_
where the gauge went to last time I changed oil) but it seems slightly
higher. Has anyone else noticed this with synthetic oil?

On a related note, I don't know if this applies to the V8, but for those of
you smart enough to have gotten your Dak with a money saving V6 (damn, I
swear I can hear about 250 "reply" buttons being pressed) could they have
put the oil filter in a harder to get to location?

Mike (don't bother, we already know how much better the V8 is) Crumley

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed