Re: Gibson exhaust installation

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 1998 - 16:49:06 EST

On 2/22/98, at 9:30 AM, jim miller wrote:
>I dont know what state you are in but I live in Texas and I have had NO
>problemgetting a muffler shop to put on duals if there were dual cats up
front.
>Dont forget

Ahh, but that's the whole thing. If you have dual cats they can do it, but
if you have a single cat like the Dakota they won't touch it. (unless it's
a real shady character) I know because I tried to get mine dualled for a
while. I talked to every muff shop that I could find and all I had to say
was "dualling it out" and they completely lost interest. Some wouldn't
even talk to me after that, just quote EPA laws and BIG fines for even
attempting it. That's Texas anyway, some states may be different.

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com