Mustang WAS: Street Racing -Reply

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed Feb 25 1998 - 19:25:15 EST

Michael Z-Sykes wrote:

> most stangs are pretty quick dude. I personally wouldn't mess with one,

Funny you should mention this, cause I raced a stang today. I was
waiting at a red light and an older 5.0 pulled up. I know he had a cam,
and a mean sounding exhaust. Light turned green and we both nailed it.
He had me for the first 10 feet or so until my wheels finally found
traction. After that I pulled ahead until his front bumper was even
with the front of my bed (I think he had to shift <point for the auto
guys eh Bill> ). He finally managed to get even and we stayed neck and
neck until about 65mph or so and after that he slowly eased ahead of
me. just barely cleard my front bumper. I had to shut down pretty
quick to make my turn but we were doing about 75 or so when I broke
off. I guess technicaly I didn't take him, but I bet he was suprised to
see a truck hang in there and not get dusted off! He also had a big
decal on the back window that said "Slater's Mustangs" which is a local
mustang speed shop here. I guess he needs to spend some more money.....

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com