Re: Brakes and Shocks.

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed Feb 25 1998 - 23:33:40 EST

Robert Trottmann wrote:

  Are there better pads, or
> is a pad a pad?

Well, some have wings and can protect you on heavy days ... er, No. You
meant brake pads. Uh, someone else can better answer than me I'm sure.
I think you will want to stay away from the high performance semi
metalics because the Dakota rotors are so crappy it will eat them up.
(sound right guys?)

  Just a
> hunch, I've had it for 20,000 miles and changed nothing but the air
> filter and oil.

Not too much longer you'll need to change the tranny filter and some
other stuff.

> Thank you very much in advance. Knowing my experience w/ a damn air
> filter, are shocks easy enough for me to do? (I looked at brake pads
> in my repair manual, no way in heck!)
> Later,
> Robert Trottmann

Me to! I did my own headers, but if a header gets screwed up you just
get an exhaust leak. If a brake screws up so do you usually. (get
screwed up that is) But I don't think there is much to it, just got to
get over that intimidation factor, and I know your confidence is not
very high right now...

And about the shocks, just get some good gas shocks. That should be ok.
Do you ever bottom out the shocks you have on there? Probably not with
just a 2" drop. I'd like to get some of those Edelbrock performer IAS
(don't remember the exact name) but it's the ones that are like $80 each
and are supposed to make your vehicle hadle extremely better. Has
anyone tried these yet? Are they worth the money?

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com