Cowl vs. Ram air

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 13:44:27 EST

Given the humor associated with the subject of me replacing my hood, the
last time I asked this question, I didn't actually get a serious reply.
So here goes again,
Both the ram air hood and cowl hood are $450, ram from ProGlass, cowl
from U.S. Body Source. Which is better? This hood is going on a daily-
driven dakota, and functionality in all weather is more important than
performance. Are there any serious disadvantages to either cowl or
ram? Right now, I'm choosing based on looks, and am still waiting to
see the cowl hood in the U.S. Body Source Cataloge.
Thank you very much,
Robert Trottmann
rotrottmann@davidson.edu
Davidson, NC Now