1953 POWER WAGON

From: DodgeBoyz3 (DodgeBoyz3@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 20:45:57 EST

Great to see that the Power Wagon has not been forgotten. I had a 53 Model
years ago, and wished I had never sold it. It was one tough truck. It was an
old US Forest Svc truck, it only had 21,000 miles on it when i bought it. Paid
$525 @ a GSA auction. It had a blown head gasket , we replaced the engine w/ a
383 wedge out of the junk yard for $50. The truck had a 8000lb winch on the
front end and one in the bed. Bed had wood floor too. If I remember right the
tires were 9.00x20's. It was O.D. green, and after a little bit of sanding and
body work I discovered that it was originally a military truck.(sanding the
door I discovered a large white star)

I really miss it now. I saw one several years ago for sale at the Mopar
Nationals. Very similar to mine, but w/o winches. $7000..........Man I wish I
had it now !!!

I still am looking for another...............

There is a book about them, can't remember the title, but I belive it was
something like "Power Wagons 19??-19??". Flipped through it at a bookstore one
day. Guess I should have bought it, the book that is.......it was very
informative.

So much for memories.........man would it go anywhere!!!!!

Gene