Re: 1953 POWER WAGON

From: John C. Worden (sciroco@mint.net)
Date: Tue Mar 17 1998 - 03:00:14 EST

At 08:45 PM 3/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Great to see that the Power Wagon has not been forgotten. I had a 53 Model
>years ago, and wished I had never sold it. It was one tough truck. It was an
>old US Forest Svc truck, it only had 21,000 miles on it when i bought it.
Paid
>$525 @ a GSA auction. It had a blown head gasket , we replaced the engine
w/ a
>383 wedge out of the junk yard for $50. The truck had a 8000lb winch on the
>front end and one in the bed. Bed had wood floor too. If I remember right the
>tires were 9.00x20's. It was O.D. green, and after a little bit of sanding
and
>body work I discovered that it was originally a military truck.(sanding the
>door I discovered a large white star)
>
>Gene

We have a '43 Dodge military truck at work which used as a welding and
maintenance truck. It has a winch and the maintenance guys hooked the
cable to an overhead I-beam in their garage and started to winch the whole
truck up in the air. Pretty impressive. The truck is tough too, has to
be, they beat the hell out of it.

John '98 Dak cc 4x4 Sport