Re: R/T - Quit jerkin' my chain! -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@SU.EDU)
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 09:23:55 EST

I just read an article in a Mopar Magazine that said they are NOT available
in 4x4, and come in red, black, deep amythist, and brilliant blue. The
article made me think that you can only get an automatic, but I think a little
wheelin' and dealin' can get you a clutch......

-mike sykes

>>> Jay Boudreau <jboudreau@net1plus.com> 03/18/98 08:21pm >>>
Boy, this R/T news is a real bummer. 300 regular cabs! Looks like I'll
never see
one of those. Got a question, hope maybe someone can answer. Will the
dealerships know if and what type (reg, club cab, color..."or is red the
only
color :)" I wonder if the dealerships around here (Massachusetts) that
quoted
me a zero over invoice for a dakota sport will do the same for an R/T!
Yeah
right...wishfull thinking I guess. If I can find a dealership who is getting
one, I really don't wanna pay sticker..or higher for it, when I can get a
loaded
sport for $16300 I could modify the sport a lot with 3 grand!
If anyone has anymore news about the R/T.....please let me know!
Thanx
Jay Boudreau
92 R/T.....Daytona that is :) which is still for sale if anyone is
interested
jboudreau@net1plus.com

Robert Trottmann wrote:

> I wish you were wrong.
> I just can't figure out why they are doing this. I've taken both AP
> Economics and now microeconomic theory, and I know of no justifiable
reason
> to do this. If they wanted to lower supply to make money, they sure as
hell
> would't put sticker below 20 g's. But a '98 R/T is one hell of an
> investment, though. Break that out of the garage w/ limited miles in 10
> years, nice profit. That is, if you've got the connections to get one.
> (I'm trying my only good connection tomorrow.)
> Robert
>
> RAS*002@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>
> > I just got off the phone with the Dodge people (1-800-4adodge) - it
> > looks pretty grim. They're saying:
> >
> > Only 2,000 R/T's will be built for '98.
> >
> > All of them have already been allocated to dealers
> > (they couldn't/wouldn't tell me who got what).
> >
> > Individuals cannot order them until the '99 model
> > is released (if then).
> >
> > Essentially, you must be very patient and wait until '99, or very
> > lucky and just happen to be at a dealer when one rolls off the truck
> > (that's not already spoken for), or do like I've been doing for the last
> > 25 years - pick the lesser of 3 evils - buy GM.
> >
> > I can't figure out why Mopar is playing these head games. Design a
> > superior product at a fair price, blast it out in all the car mags, and
> > then tell everyone they can't have one. Does the R/T follow the
Prowler