Addco swaybar ordered

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 19:53:19 EST

Just ordered my Addco swaybar, should be here in 10-14 days. I went
ahead and got the Addco urethane bushings just to save me the trouble of
changing them out. If they squeek too much for me I'll get the
greaseable ones later.

Looking under my front end today I wondered about something. Why did
mine not have a sway bar from the factory? I'm wondering if MarkIII
industries removed it because of the larger 255/60-15 tires? I believe
my rims are 15X8. So by any chance does anyone out there have this
combination <15X8 rims with 255/60-15 tires, AND a front swaybar>? Pre
'97 of course. Everyone who has had problems with rubbing in front, has
it been on the frame? Has anyone ever had a problem with rubbing the
sway bar?

Another question for those who have an Addco front bar; what came with
it? Looking at my Haynes manual they show the front end with a sway
bar. The front two swaybar bushings attatch to two "L" shaped brackets
which are bolted to the frame. Mine does not have these brackets, but
the frame has the holes they bolt to, they are even threaded already.
So my question is, will I need to go to the dealer and get these
brackets, or does the Addco bar come with them. I'm thinking it does
not include them, as most people should already have them.

Yeah, I could call Addco on this, but I thought someone on here must
already know.

Thanks.

--
----