Aftermarket rims/tires and ABS

From: Keeman1@AOL.COM
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 18:56:02 EST

One night last week I was driving my 97 Dak 4x4 home at a high rate of
speed. I have 15x8 Centerline Hellcat rims with BFG AT 32x11.5 tires.
A car pulled out in front of me and into my lane. I slammed on the brakes
and the ABS didn't appear to work. Wheels locked up and skid ensued.
Fortunately no oncoming traffic was present, I let off and swerved
to the left and passed this idiot.

Question: Does installing aftermarket rims and larger tires on the 97
and up Daks affect the truck's ABS system? It appeared so in my case.
I know of others with Ford Bronco and aftermarket wheels/tires who
haven't had this problem.

Help.
Jim (whew that was a close one) Keith