First drags of the year

From: WillTier (WillTier@AOL.COM)
Date: Sat Apr 11 1998 - 20:47:11 EDT

NYIRP opened up today and Jon and I were there to kick off the new year.
Beautiful day and lots of cars and trucks. Also picked up my new hood from
Jon's delivery service. I only got in 4 runs but Jon and his friend Ed were
chowing down and then planning to run some more. Jon was pretty discouraged
with his first run or two but then he settled down and started knocking them
off. First runs were 16 + but then he ran a couple of 15.6's and may have done
better after I left? That was a pretty good jump from his last years 16+ runs
and he was a happy camper when I left. I think he's hooked though,said he is
coming back on the wednesday evening runs for sure. It was a good day and good
to see Jon again and meet his friend Ed who was tearing up the track in his
Nissan (I think).

I had to pick up the hood so had to leave most of my necessities home to have
room and pulled out the spare tire in the bed and made 4 runs. 15.06@92.78,
15.20@92.34, 15.13@92.78, 15.06@92.78 damn I was hoping for a 14 on street
tires but fell short, oh well we'll get it next time with that new ram air
hood sucking up the air and shovin it down the TB it should get er done. No
Juice today, never use it on the first runs of the year and need to get the
safety switch hooked up.

The guy at the track, Bob, said theres been a lot of trucks showing up and he
is thinking of having a truck shoot out, Gave him the thumbs up and will be
looking for that event, I'm sure I can put on a hell of a red light
demonstration for them..

Bill