RE: RE: The Dodge Dakota and Nissan Frontier rated ``poor''

From: Rhyner, Mark (RhynerM@emh1.hqisec.army.mil)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 14:22:06 EDT

.

> Not too many people go running into solid immovable objects at 40 MPH
> that don't deflect or deform unless they are contemplating suicide.

Nor do they only hit half the truck on that immoveable object, I don't
see
how they come up with these tests, they give no real information for you
to use maybe if the test was rearending another vehicle at 40 mph, or
hitting another vehicle headon when both are going 40 or 50 mph, then
you'd have something to go by....

Bruce

Agreed Bruce.

And much to the credit of the reporter, I forget her name, she asked the
doofus if that type of situation was typical and he actually told the
truth (!!!) and stated that "no, that situation only happens in about 1%
of accidents."

An astounding admission given the expense of the testing. He is
obviously not a politician. <g>

Most people, if they are paying any attention at all to their driving,
(fighter pilots call it situational awareness) are going to make their
best effort to put the most angle they can on the impact. Although that
depends on the situation also.

Mark R
93 5.2Magnum, CC, LE, slushbox, pigeon hauler