Re: BAD CAR WASHES

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu May 14 1998 - 14:50:15 EDT

> > >Once again.........wash you Dakota by hand
> >
> > I agree. Hand wash is the only way to go...in the summer. It's a little
> > hard to wash my truck when it is 50 below zero. And I'm not going 8 months
> > with a dirty truck.
>
> If you must use an automatic car wash I would suggest the brushless ones.
> Detergents may be harsh but at least they don't try to rub the paint off with
> brushes that would cut the blood out of your skin if one hit you. There is also a
> type called a soft cloth wash. my problem with them is what if the soft cloth has
> something abrasive caught in it off someone elses dirty car?

I have a friend who had the paint on the roof of his car stripped off by a
brushless car wash, seems they had the water pressure set a little too
high, after a few months of fighting he got them to repaint it, but still,
it just doesn't seem worth the risk to me, personally I either hand wash
myself, or pay someone else to, don't like the auto car washes...

Bruce