Re: Fiasco

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 00:24:17 EDT

> Yeah! That's what I shoulda' told the Judge today. Had to stand trial for
> Reckless Driving. 72 in a 40. I got the Reckless Driving part dropped and
> I just had to pay the speeding fine.... at least I got to keep my
> license! Whew! that was a close one. The thing that sucks is that I was
> driving my roommates IROC camaro (damn chebbies)... that made me a
> sitting duck! Good thing I got off, already can't afford my insurance as
> it is....
> -mike sykes

Sorry to hear that Mike, I've never had to go to trial on a ticket yet (He
says as crossing his fingers) came awfully close once though, got a 24
over, where i got it it's a mandatory trial for 25 over,so 1 more mph over
and I would've been standing before the judge... Your probably going to
have increased insurance anyway, don't know about where you live but here
in GA they report any speeding tickets to your insurance company, and my
insurance company charges you a 10% "Accident and violation surcharge" for
every ticket you get, last fall I had a 0% surcharge, since then I've
gotten 2 tickets in-state, and when I renewed my insurance I had a 20%
surcharge, so be prepared on your next insurance bill.....

Bruce