Don't Hack...(Hey, Sean!)

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 10:11:23 EDT

>>> <RAS*002@worldnet.att.net> 05/21/98 07:41pm >>>

  I just discovered that there is an upper radiator hose that will allow
proper clearance for a 14" open-element air cleaner. Check out NAPA
hose #8677 designed to fit a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 liter. I got
one for $11.20. I haven't installed it yet, I'm still waiting on the
(back-ordered) 180? thermostat.

  I did check the clearance over the A/C lines with a piece of 2x4, and
there is no interference with the hood or hood pad.

Hey Sean, just wanted to make sure that you saw this post. You
already bought your 14" air cleaner, right? Now if we could just come up
with some way to cheat it forward to relieve some of the firewall
blockage...hmm???

Steve