Re: Installed FABM, got a wicked sucking / whistling sound

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Tue May 26 1998 - 06:25:44 EDT

Perhaps this sucking sound is the normal intake sound that is always there.
Remember, the engine is trying to inhale 2.6 liters of air every revolution.
This will make quite a noise past a partially open throttle. In the stock set
up this noise is directed through the intake hose and air filter, then out the
front of the truck. It may be quite loud, but it is pointing away from the cab
and you can't hear it.

It is the sound of real performance :-)

Question... Does Mopar make an open element replacement for the stock
filter set up? If so, how much is it and does anyone on the list have one for
their 97-98?

Drive Safe,

Joe

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 20:43:07 EDT
>From: Hoopgj <Hoopgj@AOL.COM>
>Subject: Re: DML: Installed FABM, got a wicked sucking / whistling sound
>
>I am learning to live with it. It only does it when I pull out under light
>throttle.
>George

Joe Dille

Telford PA USA