Re: Throttle body mods - RPM? MPI?

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Wed May 27 1998 - 12:12:10 EDT

>BTW,Sean, what did your truck turn stock?
>Tony

     I wish I knew. I really regret not baselining the truck b4 I started
doin' mods. The closest truck I can think of to mine that's run in
anywhere near stock for is Terry Hebert's. He's got a roll pan,
tire/handling pkg, and 3.92 cogs out back. Terry....did you have the open
element air cleaner when you ran in Sept. of last year? Here's Terry's
best run that night..

> Reaction - .776
> 60 ft - 2.391
> 1/8 et - 10.074
> 1/8 mph - 70.51
> 1/4 et - 15.704
> 1/4 mph - 86.59

I ran about a month b4 that and already had the FABM10, Race Magnum
muffler, MSD, Blaster coil, Moroso wires, and throttle body work. My best
that night was...

>Reaction - .733
>60 ft - 2.205
>1/8 et - 9.764
>1/8 mph - 71.64
>1/4 et - 15.258
>1/4 mph - 89.10

Ran again in October with the only addtions being Accel cap & rotor, new
plugs gapped at .048", and the Lakewoods. The weather was a bit cooler and
the best that night was...

>Reaction - .680
>60 ft - 2.212
>1/8 et - 9.598
>1/8 mph - 73.20
>1/4 et - 14.984
>1/4 mph - 91.76
>P.S. Picked up the pulleys last night.

     Cool...be sure to let us know how the R/T likes 'em. 8^)

****** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 ******

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net
Email @ Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com