new member, 98 R/T

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed May 27 1998 - 13:04:23 EDT

Howdy,
I think Im subscribed now so heres an introduction. I am a long time Mopar
driver with about 5 mopar products in my garage (and in the driveway etc.)
A couple of weeks ago my wife and I got "the bug" to look at new cars.
Typically I have been un-interested for the past 15 years in this activity
since Vipers and Prowlers were WAY out of reach and everything else looked
kind of "basic" . Then I saw the R/T flyer in the dealers showroom, but no
R/T trucks to be found anywhere! I was hooked. Most of the dealers around
here couldnt get one, but finally I found one "on the way". The dealer mark
up was ugly, but I couldnt help myself. I picked up my new deep amethyst
club cab R/T on the 25th! With only 45 miles on it (so far) I cant really
experience the entire package yet, but after break in... The only surprise
was the amount of stickers on the car proclaiming the displacement. Its not
very subtle. Sure gets a lot of looks though. The exhaust not is very
truck-like but HP sounding at the same time. Im not sure why they didnt opt
for a dual 2.5 instead of the single 3, but it seems to work great. Im
wondering if the 250hp rating (same as the ram 360 magnum) isnt low since
the R/T has a free flow exhaust. Any ideas?? Looking forward to some
Dakota enlightenment etc. from this group!
Bruce K Bridges
98 dakota club cab R/T
74 Jensen Interceptor (440 cu in)
72 Cuda