RE: Body and Suspension Lift

From: Walter Felix (Walter_Felix@classic.msn.com)
Date: Sun Jun 14 1998 - 11:05:26 EDT

You can get the cab mounts at a dealer. If I recall, they will run you about
$60 for all six. I don't recall the id on the lower radiator hose. You
probably have to take a ride to the hardware store with the hose in hand. Let
me know what size and I'll update my page for future inquires.

As far as the trailmaster kit on older 4x4s, I had come across that web page
in the past. They say it won't fit, I think because trailmaster doesn't list
an 87-90 application, not because they checked it out. Like I said on my
page, every part that the kit replaces is the same part number from 87-92. An
87 and a 92 have the same front suspension with the only difference being the
lower control arm and the sway bar. 91 and 92s are slightly thicker in
diameter to handle the additional weight of an optional V8. They also use a
different hub and wheel bearing (5 lug vs. 6) but both are pressed into the
same steering knuckle. I can't find a reason why that kit wouldn't bolt into
an 87-90 Dakota 4x4.

However, my plans have changed. I'm going to eliminate the IFS all together
and swap out the front end with a DANA 44. When the time comes, I'll have all
the info on the web page.

Walter_Felix@MSN.COM
88' Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/9219