Re: engine swap/supercharger

From: Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Mon Jul 06 1998 - 22:22:36 EDT

At 07:34 PM 7/6/98 EDT, you wrote:

Austin,
> I live in Mi, we just got rid of our emission laws a few years back.
>Realisticly though, if you had a cat on it, I cant see it screwing ya with
>testing. What exactly do they test you for anyway? Isnt a lot of it just
for
>burnt lights, and stupid crap like that or is it all emissions? there was a
>guy out here while the law was in effect that would give "good" test sheets
>for those unable to greet reality with a smile, if you know what I mean!!
> If I can be of any help while your swopping, or thinking of swopping just
>let me know. Ill tell you all I did or can think of that will make your job
>easier!
>Eric......14.29@95.17========================5.9DAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Eric,

Ya could give me all the details on the 5.9L swap, it would be a lot easier
to do than rebuild my 5.2L. Besides changing motor mounts, is there
anything else to it (computer change, etc.)? I live in a small town in
West Texas where all they care about is that your lights and horn work,
they don't even care if your car looks lik e a smoke machine when it drives
down the street. How much would a 5.9L Magnum from the junkyard be? A
5.9L would kick ass in my driveshaftless truck. Oh yeah!!!

Brian