Re: DML Sticker was: Re: Finally raced an R/T

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 11 1998 - 15:36:35 EDT

At 03:54 AM 7/11/98 -0400, you wrote:

><<
> I hate to say this Eric, but if we did that , we would have to design three
> different versions with each of the three generations of Daks pictured . I
> know it sounds cheezy , but there will be someone that has a '97 and
> doesn't want a pic of a '94 and so on and so forth . I think a logo would
> be more flexible and have a cleaner and more refined look . >>
>I hate to admit it but your right, Some one eventually either now or later
>would be upset. Good point!
>Eric

   Yep, that's true. Another aspect is that its kind of hard to do that
kind of detail in a vinyl logo, since you've basically just got two
"colors" to work with. (the color of the logo and the color of the
window tint, paint, whatever its stuck to.)

  Another issue is that when I was trying to design a logo, I wanted it
to look good (color, detail, etc) but I wanted to keep it basically the same
when it gets translated to a 2 color window decal. That was my philosophy
behind the "DML over the pentastar" design; the window decal looks basically
the same, just a slightly different angle...

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.98@90.18), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |