"ticking" question

From: George Dorn (gdorn@newlywedsfoods.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 11:28:10 EDT

Got a neighbor w/a '94 sport-V6 Magnum,he had his hood up last night
so I stopped & axed him how the 6pack was running.He has what sounds
like
a lifter tick of sorts.Told me he took off his valve cover on the
driver side & it stopped but put it back on & started again.It sounds
like its floating almost,it's not in 1 exact spot but it does sound
like the valves area in general.Does this make sense to anybody/has
anybody w/a 6'er or even 8 I suppose ever had this???
tia
geo.
'89 Shelby Dakota #288