Dakota sound systems! A waste???

From: Douglas Bowerman (bowermdw@mailhost.ind.ameritech.net)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 00:28:47 EDT

Hey all,
You know, I would like to put my voice in on this. I am not that old
you see. I have only been into the audio scene for about 6-7 years. I
have had about 4 years of subscriptions to audio magazines, including
months of paying news stand prices. I have spent hours upon hours
dreaming up my systems. I was gearing myself up for what???
I had a 3K system. It's peanuts. Peanuts!!! (It isn't uncommon to
drop 10K and still put in more the next month. I was gonna do it.)
Then some punks took my system. I lost a lot of money. Stereo systems
are show and tell.
Then I bought my Dak. :) I want to urge, and do it strongly, to all of
you, do not waste time and money on this silly thing called audio.
Spank people. Spank 'em hard. But don't spank 'em with audio.
Let me say how much I worried about my system. I spent hours upon
hours, during the years I had a system, worrying about choads stealing
it. I spent all the time removing my face. I spent time making it
stealth. I spent time and money getting new gear. I spent even more
time installing, and dreaming up better installs. What a waste!
It is all gone!!! I now have no worries about people stealing my stock
system. What a heavy weight lifted.
Y'all can take this story how you want. The point I want to make is put
the money into other things. Mod your vehicle. Spank the comp. Take
your woman/man out on the town. Put you money into a big screen TV.
Buy some drapes for the kitchen window. (I know y'all never thought of
that one!) Buy a new computer. After some time passes you'll realize
how much time you spent on that silly thing called audio, and how much
show and tell you really did.

Doug