Tires and wheels

From: ryanmc@concentric.net
Date: Sun Aug 02 1998 - 18:38:05 EDT

I have a 1997 Dakota Sport with the 15x7 wheels and the In-slicta tires on.
I would like to put on some aftermarket wheels and tires (because the tires
are too slick in rain and snow) and would like some input.

Also, I would like to add some tires (I will definetly get tires if I get
the wheels or not). I was wondering if anyone could recomend a good kind
that are good in rain and snow and also stick to the road good (for fast
cornering and all). It is a two-wheel drive vehicle, so I won't be going on
any surfaces besides roads.

One last thing...if I don't get the wheels, what is the widest size of tire
I can get that will fit on the 15x7, and won't rub in the front when I turn?
I would like to keep the same height as the Inslicta's (215/75R15) or lower
if possible, but I have a feeling that I won't get wheels (too much money),
so I want to get as wide of tires as I can. The 215mm Inslicta's are too
narrow for me.

Thanks!!

Ryan McMillan
ryanmc@concentric.net