steering wheel shimmy, 97 Mopar parts interchangibility w/ 98R/T

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 02 1998 - 09:27:27 EDT

My 2 week old R/T transmits uneven road surfaces from the front wheels thru to
the steering wheel, not like a wheel out of balance, but much like an idler
arm problem. This being both my first pickup and Dodge, I was wondering if
this is inherent or if I have a problem.

Also, does anyone on the list know which 97 Mopar parts for the 97 Dak and 97
5.9L engine are interchangeable with the 98 Dak R/T,e.g., headers, computer,
etc.? I'm talking about mechanically and not necessarily if the parts have an
EPA or CARB stamp of approval yet.

 BTW, I notice a continuing thread about exhaust systems and was wondering if
anyone has checked out the Thrasher web hyperlink, concerning exhaust systems
and realistic performance gains v.s. cabin noise, I sent in last week and
would appreciate some feedback.

Best Regards,
Steve Waller in Houston