Re: trouble with our 88 Dakota

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Sat Aug 01 1998 - 03:05:49 EDT

> Dear Mike,

> My name is Dorita Boyd, I live in NC. My husband and I own two 88 Dakota's. We
> are having problems with one of them, at first it would not start, them it
> started cutting off while running and then not wanting to start back up. We
> can wait a few minutes and them it will start. we have, Changed the coil
> and the coil wire, changed the spark plugs and the plug wires, cleaned the
> fuel injector, checked the distribtor, checked the hoses, and several other
> things that my husband did that I can't seem to remember. Tonight it cut
> off on him again. It drives very sluggish right before it cuts off, then it
> dies, then you wait 5 minutes and it will start and run fine. Tomorrow he
> plans to change the fuel filter. Do have any suggestions, do you know
> someone on the web that I might can contact that has had the same problems
> with thier Dakota's? Any help that you might could give us would be
> greatly appreciated. We don't know what else to try. Thank you Dorita Boyd
> raindropherbs@beaufortco.com

Dorita, I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with the pre-magnum Dakota's
however it sounds like your husband is doing all the normal things in
a situation like this. I was gonna suggest the fuel filter also.

I am sending a copy of this message to the Dakota Mailing List of
which I'm a member. The DML consists of over 400 Dakota owners across
North America who communicate via e-mail. I'm sure someone can help
you out. I'd also like to invite you and your husband to join
the DML which is totally free. You can check out the DML homepage at:
    http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/dakota.html

    Good luck on your problem.

<<DML Members:...>> when responding to this remember to send it
directly to Dorita's e-mail as she is not a DML member and does not
receive list traffic.

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html