Vorteched the R/T tonight!!!

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Aug 01 1998 - 00:24:17 EDT

Tonight I installed the Vortech SC on my R/T 5.9 that I previously had on
my 94 Dak. The kit was easier to install on the 98 then it was on the 94.
Vortech claims that I was going to have to make some fuel rail
modifications. No way. It snapped right in. This project did take me
most of the day. A few hours were spent trying to find the right tools.
It was a bitch trying to remove the fuel pressure sending unit without CC's
special tool.

I finally took it out for a test drive about 10:30 Chicago time. The first
time out I didn't have the intake tube fastened down correctly and when I
gave it a little gas the intake popped off. No problem however. I put it
back into place, tightened it down and away I went. I can tell in the
limited abuse that I gave my R/T that I am definitely making more HP. It
did seem that I was getting a little detonation. I have a boost master
from Jacobs installed that I just need to tweak to get the right amount of
ignition retard under boost.

I'm hoping that all goes well this weekend and I hope to have some 1/4 mile
times this time next week.

See ya all.

Dan Colucci
98 CC R/T 5.9 with a Vortech S-Trim