Re: Re: ***NEW JET ORDERING INFO***

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Fri Jul 31 1998 - 18:15:59 EDT

Jason,
heres my spin. The Jet Stage I and II chips are memory modules that modify
your stock ignition timing and injector timing. In addition they modify the
transmission shift parameters (some at least) and hopefully eliminate the
top speed limiter. The stage one is a mild change while the II is more...
Stage II may require the use of premium fuel. The Jet chips should also
mosify some of the input parameters for your control system to take better
advantage of a lower temperature thermostat. All in all more HP at certain
throttle possitions, firmer shift feel, with no smog worrys is the bottom
line. Therare some DMLers who have the stage I installed that have posted
ETs with little or no noticable improvement after the stage One chip
install. I am an experimentalist (I guess by profession) and am anxious to
find out for myself (to the tune of 240.00 for module and thermostat!) Hope
it plays well with others.
Bruce