Re: O/D Lockout

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 02:04:05 EDT

>Hi DML'ers
>Just joined onto the list after checking out the DML websites for the past
>few weeks.
>Enjoyed all the info. back & forth so far. As this seems like a pretty
>knowledgeable crowd
>I'll throw out the following question: I've got a '95 SLT 318 with 4sp/OD
>automatic. This has the dash mounted O/D lockout button. Does anyone ever
>use the lockout? What are it's Pros/Cons?
>Any fun little modifications to be worked with this?
>Frankly I rarely use this feature. Just everyonce in awhile to check its
>effect on performance under different conditions. Any info. appreciated.
>
>Just getting into Mods. on my Dak. Wish list before winter is:
>new wheels & tires
>shift kit
>headers & new exhaust
>
>Thanks, (& hope I've sent this correctly!)
>Duff (in Va.)
>
>'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
>MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil - MSD 8.5 wires
>K&N FIPK

Welcome to the list. We seem to be getting more and more new members. The
bigger the better!!! Anyhow, I occasionally use the O/D lockout. When I
race (street or strip) I turn it off. The tranny will shift into 4th at
the track otherwise. Mine does at least. When doing low speed towing, I
turn it off, too. Too much shifting while towing can kill a tranny. I
don't know about the 4x4 guys, but if I did any offroading, I would turn it
off then, too. Otherwise I leave it on and try to maintain some semblence
of fuel economy. :-) To tell the truth I got 22 mpg between San Angelo and
San Marcos once, while averaging about 90 mph. I usually get 14-17, as my
in town driving habits cause much throttle useage. We had been discussing
shift kits, I don't know what happened to it, though. Headers - a bunch of
us just got 'em from JBA really cheap. I think the deal is over now. Hang
around we all like to partake in group deals.

Brian

'93 LE CC 5.2L Auto - 3.55 LSD
MP comp, Moroso wires, Accel coil,
180 'stat, MP 'covers, K&N FIPK,