Re: Exhaust question

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 15:50:56 EDT

Yes , and some have done that .

The problem is that it also makes it very unlikely that one would pass an
emmisions test at that point , as well as voiding the warranty .

Ever see how many o2 sensors your Dak has ?

It can be done , but I would think if you are in an area that has stringent
emmisions laws that you would be screwed .

At , you wrote:
>stuff for awhile. Now I'm a bit curious. Wouldn't the best thing for
>high-flow through exhaust be to keep the flow split apart, run smoothly into
>two separate high flow Caltyletic Converters, two separate high flow
mufflers,
>and dump the exhaust immediately under the truck? I'm pretty certain this
>would void the warranty, but for preformance issues, isn't this better?
>
>Shaun
>Tustin, CA

Jack Hilton

Black '98 R/T Club Cab