Re: RE: O/D Lockout and "Big Brother"

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 11:57:50 EDT

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 08:11:20 EDT
From: Boog318@aol.com
Subject: Re: DML: RE: O/D Lockout and "Big Brother"

>gk
>Yup, Chrysler designed the tranny to go into O/D at 30 mph for epa reasons,
>thats also why they and everyone else has had so many probs with O/D
trans. in
>trucks.

Do they really have so many probs with O/D trans.? Or, are we just hearing
from those who've blown their's up? Isn't a truck V8 designed to chug along
at low rpm?

>Also this is why they put a 195 stat in at the factory: a hotter engine burns
>cleaner. Its all to stay with in corporate EPA limitations.
>Boog

Is clean air bad???? Then why have they been using 195 T-stats since I
remember in the '60s? I had a 180 T-stat in my 3/4 ton because it had been
converted to propane....once it got much below freezing the heater was next
to useless (propane regulator also took a lot of heat out of the cooling
system).

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.